Tampak Siring Palace is a palace that was built after Indonesia's independence, which is located in the village of Tampak Siring, Tampak Siring District, Gianyar, Bali.
Tampak Siring Presidential Palace located at an altitude of approximately 700 meters above sea level, located at the top of the hills in the village of Tampak Siring, Tampak Siring District, Gianyar, Bali. Is the only presidential palace which was built during the reign of Indonesia which was built in 1957 - the year 1960, fully managed by the sons of Indonesia, initiated by the first Indonesian President: Soekarno.
Tampak Siring name derives from two words in Bali, looking (meaning palm) and siring (meaningful italics). According to the legend recorded on palm leaves USANA Bali, the name is derived from the former footprints of a king named Mayadenawa. The forest area of King Mayadenawa traversed by walking on their feet which is tilted that this region is known as Tampaksiring.
Since the designed / planned, the construction of the Presidential Palace Tampak Siring functioned for a retreat for the President of the Republic of Indonesia and their families and for state guests. After the construction of this palace, the first visit and overnight stay at the palace is pemrakarsanya, namely President Sukarno. State Guest bertama stay at this palace of King Bhumibol Adulyadej is from Thailand, who visited Indonesia with the queen, Queen Sirikit (in 1957).
According to records, state guests who visited the Presidential Palace Tampak siring, among others, is the President Ne Win of Burma (now Myanmar), President Tito of Yugoslavia, President Ho Chi Minh of Vietnam, Prime Minister Nehru of India, Prime Minister Khruchev of Soviet Union, Queen Juliana of the Netherlands, and the Emperor of Japan Hirihito.